Thursday, November 3, 2011

Still Bill


I recently watched the Still Bill  DVD (like most Folsom Library DVDs, a gift from the Friends of Folsom Library) a documentary about Bill Withers that I strongly recommend. I don't think this film got wide distribution, but I thought it was fabulous -- one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

If you're old enough, you may remember Bill Withers as the singer/songwriter of hits like Lean on Me and Ain't No Sunshine. Don't expect to see Bill a la Keith Richards at the Super Bowl concert. This DVD's about how to be yourself as you grow older gracefully and how Bill Withers is still himself at 70-something.

Bob Mayo, Director - Rensselaer Libraries

Click here for the Still Bill trailer.


Ain't No Sunshine
Bill Withers

No comments:

Post a Comment