Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Note from a Friend

Longtime Friend Steven Smith, who lives in Camden, Maine, e-mailed me last week and said I could share this with all of our Friends:

Hello Adrienne,

"Related Tidbit" Department:  I frequently log onto the website of The Guardian in London. I noticed this morning that Anne Enright's novel The Forgotten Waltz is one of five on the Guardian Bookshop's bestseller list for this week.

Here's the link to The Guardian: 
http://www.guardiannews.com/  At upper left on the paper's home page, there's a tab you can use to toggle between the U.S. and UK. editions.

Steven

Thanks, Steven.  I have The Forgotten Waltz and want to read it before going to hear Anne Enright speak on April 18th, but I've got to finish reading Granville Hicks' Small Town before this Friday.  That's the day Bob Mayo is presenting the Lunch & Learn program on Hicks. And then there's Jodi Picoult's latest, Lone Wolf, I'm dying to get to.  So many books to read and not enough time! 

Adrienne Birchler
Coordinator
Friends of the Folsom Library

No comments:

Post a Comment